Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bring it!

Right after I posted about how I was at peace with what the Lord was doing something new happened.  Our plumber (who is a good and trusted friend) told us that we had to take out our entire shower and replace it.  It has been leaking and has caused a lot of damage.  Luckily he is going to help and the cost although not cheap is minimal compared to what we could have had to pay.

I immediatly thought of my blog.  I thought of how I had just told the world that I felt that peace that passes all understanding.  How I was trusting the Lord fully and then moments later I find this out!  I thought about never blogging again.  Never telling another soul about what God was or wasn't doing.  I was just going to go silent. 

And then the Lord reminded me of Job.  Last week we read the first chapter of Job.  Poor Job.  He was the only righteous man in all of the east.  Imagine that!  Yet when Satan came crawling in before the Lord, God offered him Job.  Satan was allowed to do anything he wanted but he had to spare Job's life.  So the enemy does what the enemy does.  He killed his children, livestock and servants.  Leaving Job broke and without a family.  Still Job remained faithful.  He cried out to God but he did not waiver in his faith.  A second time Satan came back and God asked, "Have you considered my servant, Job?".  So Satan gave Job a horrible disease that caused him to have painful boils.  Through all of this he was faithful.  And here is the part that stuck out to me. The part where the Lord said "Listen up!".  Job's wife told him to curse  God and die.  She thought that if he did then his misery would end. 

For a split moment I thought that if I just kept silent my misery would end.  God does not call us so that we can have an easy life on earth!  He calls us so that we can love Him and others.  And when we do that Satan HATES us for it!  I woke up this morning with an encouraging email from my sweet friend telling me that last night the Lord showed her that she was going through her own struggles for His glory.  She wanted to encourage me in my struggles as well.  God is so good!

So I WILL NOT curse God and die!  I will continue to share His goodness with others!  I have two words for the enemy...BRING IT!  I am already covered in the Blood of Christ.  You may attack but in the end...we win!

No comments: