Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Break my Heart for What Breaks Yours

I am broken hearted.  I am burdened.  I am so very very sad. 

This world is filled with millions of orphans.  Whether they are in the United States of far off in a land that you have never been. They are there. Their nationality is irrelevant.

What is like to never feel love? What is it like to never feel the human touch for anything other than a quick diaper change and a feeding? What is like to be made to stay in your bed for 24 hours a day? What is like to cry and have no one to respond?  What is it like to not know hope?  To not know that Jesus loves you?

These are things that are happening. Right now. This hour. This minute as you read my post.

Yesterday I broke down.  The thought of Celine going to an institution because no one will answer the call of the Lord and adopt her.Or Kennedy and Danielle who have already transferred to an institution. How can this be happening?

It hit me that if these feelings of sadness were this overwhelming for me, how did my Heavenly Father feel?  These babies are made in His own image.  How does He feel when He sees them sinned against on a daily basis? What about those that do not get to be adopted? Those that go to die a slow painful death in an institution somewhere. 

Then I remembered something that He taught me on Sunday.  He is Omniscient.  He knows all that was, is and will come!  He has a plan.  Some of these children will not be saved. But many of them will.  I don't know if it will be me or if it is YOU

But what I do know is that the Lord has broken my heart for what breaks His. I beg you to ask Him to do the same thing. What will you do to help these orphans? Please look at Reece's Rainbow.  Please consider adoption. Just look at the faces.  Don't look or think about the dollar amounts.  God has unlimited funds.

No comments: