Thursday, September 22, 2011

I know I am crazy!

I am not going to lie.  In the midst of all of this uncertainty I have lost my mind!  Well, at least it may look that way! I have been reading blog after blog about orphans overseas.  I have been heartbroken and torn as to what to do.  I have wanted to jump on a plane and just go over there and rescue them all.  Reading Radical hasn't helped with these thoughts either!

I can't!  I don't have the 10's of thousands of dollars.  I am in the midst of my own chaos right now with our home and job situation.  What the heck!?!?! Then today as I read a blog about a sweet sweet family I realized that this is not something that can't be done.  Why?  Because God is bigger!  I don't know what Troy and I are going to do.  I did find a little girl on Reece's Rainbow that is almost fully funded.  That means that  other people have donated enough money to her so that a family can adopt her.  She is beautiful and my heart melted when I looked at her beautiful face.  She is 6.  She needs a Daddy and a Mommy. 

So I know I am crazy! If you see me in the hall I don't need you to tell me! The Lord is going to have to do big things for us if we are going to try this road.  But it is kinda exciting! Even if it is only a dream right now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesomeness! This is my word lately because God is so AWESOME! Man... if this is His plan for your family then it will happen. I will be praying for God to reveal Himself once again to y'all. :o)

Christi Brown said...

Thanks Sterling!

Madison Rose Vintage said...

Oh Christi! If you were going to do it by yourself I would think you are crazy, but with God's help it is anything but. I think that you and Troy are wonderful people and would make a very loving home for this little girl. I will be praying for you to really hear what God is calling you to do, and I will be praying for this precious little girl to find her forever family be it you guys or someone else.