Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's not what I thought....

but I'll take it! We have been going through a lot of rough financial things this last year.  It has been almost a constant struggle.  God was always in control and He gave us a little boost whenever we needed it most.  I truly believe that He allowed us to struggle so that we would learn to rely on Him.  For almost 10 years I have wondered why He would allow these extreme lows with our finances but I finally have figured it out.  It was all about God wanting to care for us directly. 

As a human with a sinful nature I have learned to rely on myself.  I am imperfect and as a result my life has been nothing short of a disaster at times. Learning to rely on the Lord, the One whom is perfect in all ways, I have begun to realize has made my life a whole lot less stressful.  Knowing that the outcome is in my Maker's hands is so comforting. 

Recently we have been fighting a foreclosure on our home.  This is the second one in less than a year.  Although Troy is working two jobs our income is not enough to get us through each month with a very large mortgage payment.  There were times in this process I was mad at ourselves for choosing to buy this home.  But the Lord reminded me that we were prayerful and that we were obedient to Him in buying this home.  Also, when we bought this home we were both working full time and making 3 times what Troy is making now.  So we didn't go outside of our means. 

These are all things that have been going through my head.  But the Lord has been faithful.  He has remained steadfast with us.  He has not forsaken us.  He promised me that this "is not a season of foreclosure". He used others to encourage us along the way.  Not once in this time did a big check come in the mail.  Not once did I ask others for help. The Lord led us.  He told us what we could and couldn't share with others.  He told us not to take this out of His hands.  Trust.  That is what He wanted.

In September, we were able to file for assistance through our bank.  We did and never heard back.  We were very frustrated.  But we knew that we should keep waiting.  Everything in my being said do something about it. FIX IT!!  But the Holy Spirit said "Wait.". So we did.  The Lord put people directly in our path that helped us through this process.  People that we didn't even know existed (since our last foreclosure experience was so bad). There were weeks when we did not hear ANYTHING from ANYONE not even the Lord.  The whole entire time there was nothing but peace.  Troy and I knew that He was in control.

After months and months we have been approved for a trial mortgage modification.  This is not what we expected.  At this point it is moot anyway, because I have a job, essentially I am doubling our income. We will no longer qualify after this trial period.  What I do know is that this all had to happen to keep us in our home until I could start working.  God is in the details.

I know this was a long post but I really felt the Lord wanted to me to share this really cool story.  There is so much more but these are some of the good parts!


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Psalm 3:5


 

 

No comments: