Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Making Time

Making time.  Time for what? God?  If I really have to say that then my priorities are off.  I should make time for things like grocery shopping and showering.  Make time for a good book or planning meals. Making time for my Maker sounds so trivial and truly it is.  Not only is God my Maker; He is the Maker of all of the Earth.

The last two days He has woken me up very early.  I know He did because both times I was prompted to pray. Yesterday I pulled out His Word, today I just laid in my quiet dark room and prayed.  He is giving me time.  He knows that when the sun comes up life is busy and I am not disciplined to make time for Him.

This could be looked at as sad and pathetic.  You know, because I can't make time for Him.  But I will look at it in a different way. The Lord is faithful. He is persistent and for that I am so thankful.  I am so glad to have a Heavenly Father that wants a relationship so badly with me that He is willing to make time for me!  To nudge me before it gets crazy.  To remind me of how much He really loves me.  These are powerful things.

I am glad I am blogging again. Honestly many times I sit down to write and the Holy Spirit reveals awesome things to me as I do.

No comments: