Thursday, January 19, 2012

I better check myself....before I wreck myself!

Isn't funny how we learn something and then God makes us use it?  I know I have blogged about this before but seriously?!?!?!?! 

We are talking about the Israelites in our ABF. You know the story. Slaves in Egypt, plagues, freedom, Red Sea, countless miracles, a visual reminder of God's presence and then boom...GRUMBLING.  Oh ye of little faith.  What is wrong with you?

I'll tell you what was wrong with them and what is wrong with me...WE ARE SELFISH!!!  That's right. I said it. We are selfish.  We grumble in the midst of the miracles because when something doesn't go the way we want it to it stinks!  We want it to be all about us.  We want it wrapped in a pretty little package with a perfect bow.  Sorry. God is NOT going to do that.  Why? Because it is not about US!

Today was a hard day emotionally.  I spent the majority of my morning cleaning a house that has been neglected.  I then had to wait at almost every light on the roads when I went to drop my kids off before work.  Once at work my day took a drastic left turn.  I sat and cried.  I was so upset.  Why is all of this happening to me

I was told that I should read my blog.  I pulled it up and began to look at past posts.  I began to get mad.  I was mad because in the posts I talked  of God's faithfulness.  Faithfulness that I know good and well exists yet in that moment I had already forgotten.  I quickly realized I was GRUMBLING! 

The Holy Spirit convicted me.  I felt a tug at my heart, a need to repent. At the same time I received two separate messages from close friends asking for prayer.  Another reminder that the world does not revolve around me.  

Deep breath in......Thank you Lord.  You are faithful.  You are right. It is not about me.  I am selfish. I am sorry.  Lead me in the way that I should go. I want to live a life that glorifies you.  A life that lets others know of your love and saving grace. You are good and you are worthy to be praised. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: