Friday, November 9, 2012

It has been a week and 2 days since we moved to Ft. Worth.  It has been pretty uneventful (which is pretty amazing).  The first days were spent rushing around trying to unpack, organize and clean.  Troy and I decided that Saturday and Sunday would be spent resting.  In that time of rest I had time to process the events that had transpired.  The reality of my stuff in my parent's home hit me.  It feels surreal.  I am so grateful that they are willing to let us live with them.  I am grateful for my own room (with a door, we thought we would be in the office at first).  I am grateful for an easy transition with the kids.  I have had to maintain that mindset otherwise I feel myself getting anxious.  I begin to feel anxiety about the friends and church I left behind.  I feel anxious about the change.  This is not what the Lord wants for me.  Remember "be anxious about nothing but in every situation with prayer and petition give thanks to the Lord"? This has been going through my mind and I am trying to maintain a mindset of thankfulness. 

This is the "month of thanksgiving" but as a Christ-follower I must be thankful always!  It is still weird waking up in a different room and walking into my parent's living room with all of my furniture in it.  But I am thankful that I have a place to call home.  I am thankful that God led us here.  I am thankful that He is faithful and that He already has a complete plan for me.

No comments: