Thursday, November 1, 2012

Being Still....in a New City

It is 5:30 am.  I am sitting in my new home in the quiet.  Life is so different from just 6 months ago.  We have moved twice in 4 months.  At this current moment neither Troy nor I have a job. We are in a new city; 260 miles away from everything that we have known for the last 8.5 years. I sit here reflecting on what has transpired. 

Yesterday was the big move.  After breakfast at my aunt's house (coincidentally where the whole journey began and ended in the Houston area for us) we jumped in the car/uhaul truck and headed north. As we drove off I had a weird sensation deep in my soul. There was no sadness. There was no anxiety. There was no fear. There was peace. There was joy. There was contentment.  I knew that what we were doing was the right thing.  I remembered when we moved from Virginia to Texas and how it felt then...the same. God had a plan for us then and He has one for us now.


Through our journey I have felt God's peace at times and this is one of them.  I feel completely in His will at this time. The crazy thing is that we left our church, our jobs, and our friends.  We moved away to a place that, although I grew up here, is new and unknown to us. Sure, there are some friends that we know here but we will have to start over.  I know how lucky we were that we found Kingsland on the first shot in Katy. Will the church my parents go to be the same way here? What about homeschooling? We had such an awesome group in Katy; will my kids get that here?

Yes, to all of those questions.  I am confident that God did not ask us to leave such a great place with a great church and great friends and family just to put us somewhere that is barren and dry.  Troy will get a job (he has an interview Friday), we will meet other homeschoolers, our new church will never be Kingsland but it will be a place we can call home, and we will reconnect with old friends and make new.  I am confident in this.

*Just a cool little side note- Yesterday as we were unloading the truck Jackson got on his bike and road around when a boy came out and joined him.  They played for hours.  In the evening when it was time to trick or treat another neighbor (adult) came over and offered a costume for Jackson.  The girls pulled out some dress-up clothes and my kids went with a group of neighbor-kids around the block for candy. Meanwhile, Troy and a neighbor went to the store together. Already making friends! God is faithful!

I know I have not blogged in a while.  There have been many reasons.  I am hoping that I will be able to be more consistent again. 

No comments: