Thursday, February 2, 2012

God is in the details

As you may or may not know I had a hysterectomy last week.  This is something that I have known that I should do for a very long time.  My doctor told me after I had Char that if my laparoscopy (that cleaned out the endometriosis) did not work then I would need to have a hysterectomy.  This was a tough pill to swallow.  I knew that we were done getting pregnant; just wasn't ready to take the plunge. 

About 3 weeks ago I began having pain that was worse than normal.  Something made me go to the ER.  I did and found out that on top of the endometriosis I had fibroids on my uterus.  I immediately broke down.  I knew this was the end of the road.  I knew that Dr. L would not let me go another month with this. 

Sure enough 2 weeks later I had surgery.  Before the surgery I prayed for peace in the decision.  I knew God had other plans for us.  I knew that this was best for my health.  But I was just struggling with the decision. The day of surgery I woke up rested and at complete peace.  This was the right thing to do.

Yesterday I received the pathology report from my surgery.  The findings were significant for fibroids..duh.  And then the big one I had "precancerous changes on my cervix".  I froze.  I couldn't move.  I kept saying "What?" over and over again.  Fear hit me immediately. I was reminded by a dear friend that I no longer had a cervix!  They took it out!!  And then she reminded me of how the Lord was in the details of this surgery.  I went in for one thing but was potentially saved from something else. 

I will still have to get tests done and she still wants to monitor me closely but I am so grateful that I had the surgery.