Thursday, June 28, 2012

All Circumstances

The bible commands us to "Give thanks in all circumstances" 1 Thess 5:18.  I remember teaching this one to Jackson when we first started homeschooling.  He was struggling with school and life in general.  There were a few verses that we learned in that time and this was one. 

When I was pregnant with Char I took a bible study about thanksgiving. It was a hard time in my life.  I was so sick and I could find little to be thankful for. 

Let me tell you this.  Nothing that the Lord teaches us is in vain.  He will teach you and make you use it.  Sometimes more than you would want! :)

Last week I started feeling badly.  I was dizzy and nauseous...just weird-feeling.  Eventually, I went to the ER to be checked out just in case. The diagnosis was vertigo and the doctor was not really quite sure why I was having the problem. According to WEBMD, anxiety and stress can be causes of vertigo.  I am leaning towards that as the reason.

Last week I told you that I let it go.  I was casting all my cares upon the Lord.  I truly believe I did.  There have been moments that I have started to worry but I have been quick to give it back.  So why am I suffering with all of this? I think that sometimes our bodies still can physically react to stress even if we are not feeling it mentally. 

Today the vertigo came back.  I was so sick to my stomach and I just knew I would pass out.

We are moving in 8 days!  That is right, 8 days! I have not even begun to pack. I am working 2 jobs!  I am homeschooling my kids and today I received an email from my academic counselor that my leave of absence from school is OVER and I will be starting in 11 days!!!!  So, 3 days after I move I will need to start school.  I am a little panicky about that!  I am not ready.

So as I sat down at the computer tonight I started to think about all that was going on.  House. School. Jobs. Kids. Friends. Life. And I realized that God has put me right here. This moment. This is what He has chosen for me. For that I give thanks. I am thanking Him in all of my circumstances.

And the dizziness is gone.............

No comments: