Monday, July 18, 2011

I refuse...

This morning I woke up with a plan to clean my house.  So far I have been pretty successful.  I sat down to take a break and play my new favorite guilty pleasure, hearts.  As I sat here I felt the overwhelming feeling to praise my Maker.  He is so good and I just can't even tell you how much my actions have not reflected His goodness lately. So I did..I praised Him.  It was good.  I cried, it was cleansing, it brought me back to reality.

I have been struggling with some new information that I have learned about in the last few months.  Information about orphans. I have been comfortable in my North American bubble.  But now it has burst.  I am overwhelmed with the knowledge that I have received.  But what do I do?  How can I make a difference?  This is something that I have been praying about.  I encourage you to go to this blog.  It is by a woman that recently adopted from Eastern Europe.  Her babies were very very sick and nearly died.  There are hundreds that are still there.  And.They.Are.Dying.

"I can hear the least of these crying out so desperately..... I don't want to live like I don't care.  I don't want to say another empty prayer. I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else to do what God has called me to do."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have really been struggling with the same exact thing. I've been praying for God to make clear what I am to do. All that I know is that I can't do NOTHING.