Friday, July 8, 2011

If you don't dish it you aint never gonna get it

The kids have been wanting to go to the pool.  I am okay with that except our neighborhood pool doesn't open until noon.  This is quite annoying to me..but whatever.  So today I decided I would go grab lunch with them and then we would all go to the pool.  So we did.  We pulled into our neighborhood pool at 11:55.  There was not a single soul there.  I thought "it's not 12 so don't get irritated yet". So we ate in the car and waited.  And waited. And waited. Finally after 12 someone showed up.  She was getting things ready so we waited so she could set up.  By this time the kids were done with their lunch and were chomping at the bit to get in the water.  So we walked to the gate where she met us.  She told me that despite the fact that it was 15 minutes after they were supposed to open she was all alone and could not open the pool yet.  I was immediately irritated. I responded like this...

Me-"What happened to the others that were supposed to be here?"

Her-"I am not sure.  I am really sorry."

Me-"Well that is not good enough.  It is already past the time.  I pay your salary.  You would think you could get here on time."

Okay.  That was horrible!  I know it was.  I gave her absolutely no grace.  As I sat in the car waiting for her coworker to show up I realized what I had done. Sure the situation was irritating but today I realized  that if I am not willing to dish out grace to others that I am never gonna get any myself. 

No comments: