Saturday, July 23, 2011

Let's Give it all Away....WAIT!!!!!

I have so many mixed feeling right now.  I want more and I want to give it all away at the same time! I have been really struggling internally with the stuff that as Americans we hold onto and aspire to have. I don't want to have stuff just because that is the way everything and everyone around me says I should have.  But at the same time I want to get rid of everything!  I want to sell everything and live in a travel trailer.  I want to give all of my money to others and not worry about how a bill is going to be paid.

So where is the happy medium?  How do we know what is okay to want and what is not?  When are we no longer honoring the Lord with our desires?  I am still trying to figure that all out.  I don't know the answer. Do you?




"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:3-5"

2 comments:

Tote-ally Blessed Ellen said...

I think this is something that alot of people struggle with. If it's not, I know I sure do! I also know that the Lord has called each of us to different things, to live different ways. For some people it may be selling everything to live in a travel trailer, for others it's to live in a house, and others still call no one place home. We also need to remember that He knows what is best for us, and that He wants us to be happy. We just need to be still and listen for His still, small voive in all areas of our lives. Even when it comes to stuff.

Madison Rose Vintage said...

I struggle with the same thing. Yesterday I decided that I would like to go through my house and get rid of everything I don't use, and not purchase anything I don't need. When I am sad I will often go out and buy something to make myself feel better instead of turning to God. After reading this I would like to have a yard sale and give all of the money to charity. I do not feel that I am honoring God when I worry about not having the newest and best thing out there because I see that someone else does. And I am not honoring God when I turn to spending money when I am lonely rather than him. Even if I did find a really good deal! It is still stuff that I don't need.