Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's a process...

I always find it so frustrating how when the Lord starts working on something new in our lives Satan begins to work against it.  Often he uses things that we are not on-guard about.  Things that we would normally never worry about.

God has been good to me the last week or so when it has come to my struggles.  He has shown me my sin and has rebuked it in His merciful way.  He has allowed me to go through some things so that I would come out of it humbled and ready to serve. 

That is why when I was tempted with something new I was taken aback.  I was not expecting something like this to happen.  But the good news in all of this is that after I struggled with it a little bit I realized what it was.  It was a distraction from what the Lord is showing me.  It was not what I needed to be involved in. 

I am glad that I have been more focused on my walk with the Lord in this time because I am sure that I would have been sucked in.  And this could have turned into a deep deep pit.  But as it stands now it was nothing.  Truly nothing. (that is why I am not putting the specific thing on here). I do not want to give it power. 

So here I am.  Working on me, not in a "it's all about me" kinda way; but in a "I just want to be a humbled servant" kinda way.  It is a process. One that will not be achieved over night.  I just pray that the Lord will continue to lead my path and that I will be able to stay focused on Him.

No comments: