Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Praying faithfully

This last week I had the chance to receive a word from the Lord through a person with spiritual gift in prophecy. Now I am just going to say that I KNOW that there will be some that will be skeptical of this but let me tell you that I truly feel as though the Lord was telling me things that I needed to hear and he was using this man. 

The circumstances around this situation are long and detailed but I am not going to go into them at this time.  Anyway, the Lord revealed some things to me that only He would know and He encouraged me in them.  The one thing that stood out to me was that He was going to show me His salvation through His abundance. Friends, this has been a long hard road.  Not just Troy being laid off this last October and the various illnesses this year. This journey since 2002 has been rough.  But I feel as though the Lord is really wanting to show me that all of that was not for nothing.  That He has a plan.

I have said from the beginning that I have felt commanded to share what Jesus has done for me.  He has done abundantly more than I could ever imagine, and to think He is promising to do so much more.  There are some very specific things that He revealed to me through the man I spoke with.  I am faithfully praying and waiting on Him to fulfill those promises.  I believe they are true promises from Him. 

The Lord showed me a glimpse of His abundance today.  The kids are in desperate need of new clothes.  They have really had a growth spurt.  I had a friend call and ask if she could drop off clothes on Monday.  I was unable to go through it all until today. (Oh I don't want to forget that I have been trying to save some money to buy a few new dresses for the girls.) Anyway, today I went through all of the clothes.  There were 27 dresses in the pile!  27! I couldn't believe how good the Lord was.  He knew that I was trying to save for a couple of new dresses and He said "I can provide more abundantly than you can imagine".  I would have never expected this.  This may seem small to you but to me this is HUGE.  I was then able to share this with my children.  Ellie was so excited that Jesus did this! 


The LORD swore an oath to David,
   a sure oath he will not revoke:
“One of your own descendants
   I will place on your throne.
12 If your sons keep my covenant
   and the statutes I teach them,
then their sons will sit
   on your throne for ever and ever.”
 13 For the LORD has chosen Zion,
   he has desired it for his dwelling, saying,
14 “This is my resting place for ever and ever;
   here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.
15 I will bless her with abundant provisions;
   her poor I will satisfy with food.
16 I will clothe her priests with salvation,
   and her faithful people will ever sing for joy.
Psalm 132:11-16

No comments: