Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just Live

A few days ago I posted about how the Lord has been quiet.  I was still feeling at peace about everything, I just didn't know if I was supposed to be doing anything.  We all think of that analogy that you hear about the man on the roof in a flood.  Three different people come to save him, but he turns them all away saying God will save him.  Subsequently he dies. When he gets to heaven he asks God why didn't he save him, and the Lord says, "I tried 3 times". I don't want to have the same thing happen to me. 

I was reminded by my mom yesterday about the Israelites in Babylon.  They were in a bad spot but God told them to just live. They weren't to do anything.  Just go on with life.  We all know that they were rescued.  They were His chosen people.  I am saved by the blood of Christ and now that I have been adopted into His family, I am chosen. He will save me.

The Lord is faithful.  On Friday, Troy was able to talk to someone about our house situation.  The person said that we had a very good chance of getting this resolved.  He also stated that at the moment we needed to just wait.  Hmmm....just live? Okay, Lord.  I will do just that. 

No comments: