Monday, October 10, 2011

Learning to Pray

Our pastor is doing a series called "Facetime".  In this series he is teaching us how to pray.  He is challenging us to pray a "Spirit led, Scripture fed" prayer life.  He has told us to never enter a prayer without our Bibles. He has taught us to recognize who God is in the Word and then how to respond.  This has been a huge learning experience for me.  This has taught me to seek His face and not His hands.  Sure God can give me anything but what He really wants to do is give me a relationship.  It has been really good.

I know the Lord is calling us in new directions.  I feel it.  I just don't have a clear word from Him yet.  Troy and I are in a holding pattern.  It can be tough to be in that place sometimes.  I am just trying to trust and let Him take care of the details.

No comments: