Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Silence

Yesterday I was talking to my sweet husband about our situation.  I was asking him what he felt like the Lord was telling him, if anything.  He didn't know.  He was not hearing anything.  This is something that we both agree on.  I have not heard anything from Him either.  It is weird.  It is so quiet.  2 weeks ago the Lord laid a huge burden on my heart and after praying about it Troy and I were both in agreement about it.  Let me tell you that this is a LIFE CHANGING thing.  But as soon as we said "Yes, we will do it", the Lord went silent. 

The even stranger thing about this whole scenario is that both Troy and I are at peace.  It is so bizarre.  You would think that not hearing from God (especially after he asks you to do something) would be nerve racking.  But it hasn't been. 

I feel like we have just been going through the motions since then.  Doing what little we can in preparation for these changes.  I am trusting that the Lord is going ahead of us down this new path, paving it for us.  Preparing the hearts of those that we will encounter.  When you think about it that way it is pretty darn cool! 

This blog is about my journey with the Lord.  It is not always easy.  Not because of Him but because of me.  I think that once you realize that it makes the journey so much more smooth and enjoyable.

By the way, I know I am being cryptic.  I have shared with only a few friends what the Lord has called us to do.  We have not told everyone yet because I don't feel like we are supposed to yet, so stay tuned! :)

No comments: