Thursday, March 1, 2012

"7"

I think I mentioned that I am reading, "7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess".  This week, March 1st to be exact, I started the experiment with my friend Sterling.  We are starting with Jen's month 1.  Food.  We can only eat 7 things for the month of March.  Let me just say this fast is not something that Jen says everyone should do.  She tried it and God took her to great places with it!

So 7 foods! This is what I picked...there are 8...don't judge!

Chicken
Apples
Peanut Butter
Total cereal (with milk)
Carrots
Cucumbers
Rice

These are what I picked.  Did I mention I have two weddings AND a rehearsal dinner this month!!!! Geesh!  I am very black and white so this could get a bit sticky...

I was thinking about this fast this morning as I was getting ready to eat my cereal (which by the way ended up being rice krispies). I weighed myself first thing this morning and while making breakfast I thought about the weight I could lose.  I immediately had to catch myself. 

This is not a diet!

It's not.  But I know that if I make better choices and don't allow food to be my comfort but allow the Lord to be my Comforter than subsequently I will be more healthy and my pants will fit!

*Just a side note-I am on month 5 in the book "7". I am also in the midst of clearing out rooms for brand new carpet tomorrow.  Talk about EXCESS!  I am going to be in prayer about what needs to go and what can go back into the rooms.  I have a feeling we will be letting go of a lot of JUNK!!

No comments: