Saturday, March 3, 2012

The New Ride

Troy and I celebrated ten years of marriage yesterday! The last two years have been tough.  Yesterday, milestones were met and it felt good!

We are currently in the process of fixing major issues with our home.  Things that we have let slide because we just didn't have the funds to take care of them.  Right now we are getting new flooring, new windows and repairing our foundation. These are all HUGE things.  Troy said it best, "It feels like all the hard work is paying off."

Yesterday Troy came home early from work.  He stopped by the car lot to have a look and found something that was very affordable.  Now, let me start out by saying that he ALWAYS looks and there is NEVER anything affordable.  We have friends that get great deals all the time and we NEVER can find these deals.  About 3 years ago the Lord showed me that this was because it was not our time, yet.  So with yesterday's great deal we decided to go for it.  We knew that if it was meant to be that it would be and if not, like the thousand times before, God would shut the door.  Well, He blew it wide open. 

Troy bought a truck. He has wanted a full size, new to him, truck for so long.  He has worked 7 days a week and has handed over every penny to the "Brown Family Fund".  We have not been able to do anything extra with our money.  We have used it to get by and we were doing poorly at that! Yesterday I was able to write a check and trade a car and he was able to drive off the lot in truck!

As a wife, it felt good to see my husband do something like that.  There are parts of me that really wanted to get a family vehicle.  Parts that are a bit envious of his new ride. But the part that is happy that he is happy is much bigger. We still will need to get a family car.  My children have been blessed with really long legs and at almost 9 and 6 they are already running out of room in our little Honda.  Plus I have plans for that car....for someone else.  I know the right family car will come along and like yesterday, God will blow the door open and there will be a way.

I keep thinking of the words that He spoke to me, "Don't look to man. Look to Me." My eyes are upward, Lord.  Thank you for your faithfulness to Troy and I. Thank you for your provision in our lives, even when it was not as abundant as we would have wished.  It was always enough.

No comments: